Thursday 7 June 2012

REVIEW: Urban Decay Primer Potion



If you get frustrated with creasing eyeshadow then urban decay primer potion might be the product for you. UDPP creates a smooth, dry base for your eye shadow to stick onto. This makes it last a lot longer than it would If you weren't using a primer.



Before I bought this product, I'd done WEEKS of research on how to make a home made primer. I tried the whole mix your favourite foundation with some moisturiser thing. I also tried using concealer and setting it with powder however non of these worked for me as I have combination skin. My eyelids are oily and will NOT hold make-up for more than half an hour.


The reason I went for UDPP was because after reading MILLIONS of reviews, it seemed to be the one that people preferred the most. (Of course there was also MAC paint pots but the price range at that moment just wasn't for me) 

PROS
1) it keeps my make up on pretty much ALL DAY so it is an effective eye shadow primer
2) It comes in a really cute packaging with a wand so the application is not very messy
3) The 'stuff' is transparent (though it looks peachy) so it doesn't affect any eye shadow that you put on top of it.
4) It has a nice consistency. Not too runny and not too thick.
5) It dries VERY quickly so you don't have to wait ages before applying your make up (like i had to with my foundation+moisturiser mix)

CONS
1) Whilst the packaging is cute, you will end up wasting a significant amount of the product because it is really difficult to get every single drop out of the tube.
2) For the amount of product you're getting, it is pretty expensive.
3) It can sting if you get it in your eyes (which is unlikely. I'm just very clumsy)

Overall, I'd say that this product is a must have if you like to wear make up especially if you have oily or combination skin like me. Though this is a highly valued product for everyone, I must say that it does not work for everyone, however it will work for most people.  There are other alternatives such as Too faced shadow insurance and MAC paint pots which I will be doing a review on later.




No comments:

Post a Comment