Saturday 9 June 2012

MUA Cosmetics

MUA (make up academy) is one of my favourite cosmetic ranges. Why? because:
1) a lot of the products are vibrant and colourful
2) MUA is very popular (in the UK) so the products aren't that hard to find
3) Most of the cosmetics retail for only £1 so its very cheap and affordable. These are just a few of my favourite MUA products.
LIPSTICKS: Shade 3 (Light pink), Shade 13 (Vibrant red), Shade 2 (Dark pink)
LIPGLOSS: Shade 4 (x2)
MASCARA: Shade 1 (Clear)
WATERPROOF LIQUID EYELINER: Black
BLUSHER: Shade 6 (Purple), Shade 4 (Pink)
PENCIL EYELINER:  Royal Blue, Snow White, Jet Black
MUA products can be found at your local Superdrug store, or you can just go straight onto their website (http://www.muastore.co.uk)
I have found most of MUA products to be very vibrant, particularly their lipsticks , pencil eyeliner and eyeshadows. My favourite blusher is the MUA shade 6 which looks purple but actually has quite a nice gold tone to it. Shade 4 is VERY bright which is good because it means I only have to use a little bit each time.

(Clockwise)
Shade 8-Pearl
Shade 19- Matt
Shade 30- Pearl
Shade 6- Pearl
So far, my least favourite MUA eyeshadow is Shade 30 (Pearl) which is the gold one in the lower left corner. It is one of the newer colours and I absolutely hate it. I find that its not the colour that is the problem...its more of the consistency. This eyeshadow is VERY powdery which makes the application for me very messy. I end up with lots of glittery gold eyeshadow particles on my face which won't come off no matter how hard I try....and let me just say I HATE glitter. I don't mind shimmery eyeshadows but this particular MUA eyeshadow is....a mess. (in my opinion)
I try not to waste my stuff no matter how cheap it is so I haven't thrown it away yet. One use I've found for it is highlighting the inner corners of my eye. First of all, I apply one of my NYX jumbo pencils, and then I apply the eyeshadow which helps it to stick better.

MUA eyeshadow shade 8- Pearl
Hair: Crochet braids color 4
MUA eyeshadow shade 6- Pearl


MUA eyeshadow shade 6- Pearl
Hair: Crochet braids color 1b/350
(If you want to know more about
crochet braids, check out  my post on it)
MUA eyeshadow
shade 30- Pearl

MUA blusher shade 6 (purple)
MUA eyeshadow shade 30- Pearl
Overall, I would say that MUA cosmetics are great, especially for the price. There are other products such as foundations and primers which cost up to £4. I haven't tried any of these yet but If I do, I will be sure to do a review on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment