Thursday 7 June 2012

Animal print: HOT or NOT?

They say animal print is one of those things you either love or you hate. I'll be honest...whenever I used to see someone in an animal print dress...the word 'CAVEWOMAN' just always came to mind. I'll admit, I used to think animal print was cheap, tasteless and tacky. 

UNTIL...
(dum dum dum)

I saw a picture of Snooki in some high waisted leopard print harem pants and I was like....hmm....
Harem pants have always been one of my many obsessions (again, you either love them or you hate them) so I thought i'd go on a hunt for some leopard print harem pants.

I wasn't really sure how to wear them at first so i went for the simple look and just pared them with a black marks and spencer tank top and a cream pearl detail shrug....
Now, lets just say animal print can be added to my ever growing list of fashion obsessions.

Regardless of whether or not you are wearing animal print,  you should always dress to accentuate your best assets. I have a small chest, waist and freakishly large hips so I tend to wear anything that is high waisted or has an empire waistline. So for me personally,  i only really tend to wear animal print high waisted trousers/ leggings. I also have zebra and leopard print stud earrings and headbands which i wear very often.


I do think that animal print has to be worn in a certain way and it's one of those things that can be easily overdone. The biggest thing to know when wearing animal print is NOT to wear 'matching' print items i.e an animal print top with animal print leggings.
Fashion faux pas

Also.. (and yes some people so this) DON'T wear two different prints, i.e. a zebra print shirt with a leopard print skirt. That just shouldn't happen...ever
Instead, wear animal print with something plain i.e a black/grey top or skirt...and if you're wearing a leopard print dress, pair them up with some plain black heels and minimal accessories.





No comments:

Post a Comment