Saturday 9 June 2012

PROTECTIVE STYLE: Box Braids

Just a quick post on my latest protective style. These are called box braids (or single braids) and these particular set are lower waist length. (longest I've ever had). These took me 4 hours and 45 minutes. I used 'X-pressions' Ultra braids in color 1, color 2 and color 30. I mixed the color 1 and 2 so I only ended up using about half of each pack. and only a little bit of color 30 (brown braids) as I only wanted a little bit of colour. I LOVE these braids and its been a while since I've had them in thanks to my new found love of Crochet braids which I kept doing because they were much easier and took less time. I did these box braids because I just felt like a change. I plan to keep them in for about 6 weeks.
X-Pression Braids
Color 2


2 comments:

  1. I am hoping to do large box braids, about bra length, but I am worried about the breakage, how was your hair? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I experience very little breakage with box braids. I think you'll be fine.
    The only thing to watch is that the box braids dont feel too heavy on your head (i.e don't use 5 packs of extensions. the maximum i've used is 2 and that is plenty) and don't wear updos all the time because this can affect your hairline especially. (vary your box braid styles)

    also keep your roots moisturised, don't keep them in for too long and wash regularly to avoid build up of dirt, oils e-t-c (: x

    ReplyDelete